Little to no previous machine sewing experience needed.
No purchased pattern required.
Student will leave with a finished* project.
Basic sewing techniques will be taught.
You must supply your own sewing machine and supplies. VERY limited number of sewing machines available for additional fee. (Please contact the studio at 205.848.8851 if you do not have a machine and want to reserve one).
*As time allows and speed depends on students ability to work on project.
This is a 2 Hour Workshop
Students will learn basic terminology and techniques to create an apron. They will learn how to measure, cut and prepare fabric for sewing. You
will learn how to gather fabric, adding pockets and trim. Have a better working knowledge of fabric types, weaves and uses.
- Sewing machine and power cord (& all parts, needle, bobbin etc).
- 1 yard of 44-45” wide cotton woven fabric of your choice
- 1 spool of thread to match
- 1 pair of scissors or rotary cutter
- 1 measuring tape
- 1 package of ric rac trim to match fabric
- 1 seam ripper